Tuesday 3 June 2014

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Whew!  I am so glad we didn't give up on this series, it started so badly, cheesy scripts, dodgy effects, woefully stereotypical characterisation...  it's only our love of Phil Coulson, and curiosity about how he was brought back from the events of Avengers Assemble, that kept us watching and then, suddenly, like Dollhouse, it shifted a gear or three and it all got so much better, more enthralling, less cringe-worthy.  And the run-up and the finale were really, really great.  Don't give up on it.  They wouldn't give up on us.

Now.  I have a few things I'd like to mull over about all this, but I hate spoilers myself so I'm taking it 'under the fold' so to speak.  If you don't want to be part of the discussion, don't click the 'read more' link!






AARRGGGHHHH ...  so...  Is Coulson going nuts or is he part alien now?  What is Skye?!  Why is Flowers so weird?  Wasn't it awesome when Fury and Phil just stood there while things went nuts, and how brilliant was the 'found it!' bit?!?!

And, the thing that's really bending my brain.  Is redemption possible for Ward?  It seems out of character for the series if they just locked him up and threw away the key for all time, after all he's as big a victim of Garrett as anyone.  Would really, really love some discussion on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment