Friday 23 January 2015

Upcoming gigs and other stuff

I've got a decent spread of gigs over the next couple of months, Young Kato touring their brand new album in April, the album's on pre-order and the gig is a week or so afterwards, not long to learn all the words, but at least I should be in decent shape by then, as before that I'm seeing Royal Blood in Bridlington, of all places, on the 28th Feb (for some reason I thought that one was in March, but apparently not.  But there again I am heading to Wembley for rugby at the end of March, so it's not like I won't be kept busy!  Might still have to find a local gig to get to in between times though.)   Before that, though, is You Me At Six and All Time Low's co-headlining tour, for which we are road-tripping down to Cardiff, as that was the only gig on a day that wouldn't be too awkward for the secondborn to queue all day.  The best part, though, is that they're being supported by one of my favourite, smile-on-my-face creating bands, Walk The Moon.  It's going to be utterly brilliant.  And I really need to get some running in in the next couple of weeks or I will have no cardio stamina and will die of dancing.

(And there's an Acoustimosh gig before that, but you know about them already.)

In other news, I'm playing bass!  I got Rocksmith 2014 for my birthday, and I'm really working on it.  I'd really love to find a band who'd have an old fart beginner bassist/vocalist to do alternative/indie pop/rock stuff with.  I'm not sure I'm going back to the G&S society, Friday nights are just a pain in the bum to work around, I'd miss too many things!  Like the Acoustimosh gig.  And rugby on the telly!

On last thing, Friday clearly doesn't work as a weekly blogging day. Not sure what does tbh but I guess I'll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment